St Mark’s Opawa offers an exciting opportunity, in a rejuvenated, growing and diverse city, to join as their vicar and with God’s help and grace, to continue to grow ways of being a relevant presence.
- To develop an inclusive and welcoming community both inside and outside the church walls.
- To be a servant leader and advocate for gospel values; to help people see their own potential, to work with and for others, to inspire those they serve to serve others.
- To offer a place at the table for all who value the critical exploration of faith, theology, ideas, community, music, the creative arts, and for any person who might find a home with them.
Some of the attributes they are looking for in a person with the courage to take up the challenge:
- Leadership with vision, energy and enthusiasm expressed in sensitive quality liturgical worship, pastoral concern, and educational opportunities both in deepening spiritual development in adults and teaching at St Mark’s School.
- A person whose life is shaped by prayer and who actively encourages others to pray deeply and regularly.
- An ability to speak Te Reo Māori, or a willingness to learn.
- An openness to continually explore new ways of growing faith in their school family.
- The exposition of progressive theology and biblical appreciation in relation to our present world.
- The ability to work collegially with vestry and staff as well as with others in the parish who contribute leadership and expertise.
Applicants must be Anglican priests currently in good standing with their present bishop, who already have the right to work in New Zealand and are willing to undertake Police vetting.
Expressions of Interest close 5pm on Monday 22nd January 2024.