No form of abuse, harassment, bullying and discrimination is tolerated in the Auckland Diocese.

If you have experienced these behaviours yourself, or seen them happening to someone else, you have a right to speak out and be heard. Your complaints and concerns will be taken seriously and handled confidentially.
You have several options if you want to make a complaint. You are entitled to have a support person with you when you make any of these approaches.
Contact someone you trust
Talk to someone you trust such as a colleague, friend, family member, your doctor or medical specialist or other support person; if you are a clergyperson, your supervisor or spiritual director; or your immediate manager, team leader or clergyperson (where appropriate).
Contact our Complaints Management Provider
Phone 0800 627 021  Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm
A trained support person will respond and discuss your situation with you confidentially. If you call out of hours you will be asked to leave your contact details and a brief message, and a trained support person will contact you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can email
This service is free and confidential for anyone in the Anglican Diocese of Auckland.
The Ripples Project is an independent complaints management provider. A Ripples support person will guide you through the process of reporting a complaint or concern about anyone associated with the diocese.
Contact the Diocesan Office or Bishop’s Office
Phone 09 302 7201
Contact the Ministry Standards Commission
No form of harassment or abuse is acceptable to the Anglican Church in Aotearoa, New Zealand and Polynesia and they will take all complaints seriously. All office holders of the Anglican Church are expected to uphold the highest standards of ethical behaviour and there are disciplinary processes in place if they fail to do so. The Anglican Church has established a Ministry Standards Commission to deal with complaints. All complaints about any alleged misbehaviour by an ordained minister, licensed person, or office holder are now received and handled by the Registrar of the Ministry Standards Commission, who can be confidentially contacted at:
More information can be found on the Anglican Church website
Contact the Royal Commission
The Royal Commission of Inquiry into Abuse in Care is looking into what happened to children, young people and vulnerable adults in state and faith-based care between 1950 and 1999, although they may also listen to survivor experiences before and after these dates.
The Auckland Diocese encourages those who experienced abuse while in our care to make submissions to the Commission.
Contact details for the Royal Commission are:
Phone 0800 222 727 10 am to 4 pm Monday to Friday
Mail Royal Commission of Inquiry, PO Box 10071, The Terrace, Wellington 6143
See also Royal Commission on Abuse in Care:
Contact the Anglican Trust for Women and Children
The Anglican Trust for Women and Children (ATWC) has a separate process to address any harm that has been experienced in the past. ATWC is committed to listening carefully, apologising sincerely, and supporting recovery and healing. Please see the ATWC website and complaints process.
Contact a statutory body
You may be able to make a complaint under relevant legislation, for example:
Human Rights Act 1993 – contact the Human Rights Commission
Employment Relations Act 2000 – contact the Employment Relations Authority

Need help and support now?

Call the police
If you have experienced a criminal action against you or someone else, please contact the police as soon as possible. Phone 111 if you are in immediate danger or an assault has just happened. Otherwise, phone 105 or go online to
Free call or text 1737 any time
Please reach out for help if you need support right now. Talk with someone you trust, see a doctor or counsellor, or call or text 1737 for free to speak with a trained counsellor, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.